Frequently Asked Questions
Every time we get a great question that we feel will help others we put it up here...
Point to note: Currently we are testing FREE ASSEMBLY on our JackDesk products so the assembly information below does not currently apply.
Q. Will I be able to stand all day?
A. You can but you don't have to. JackDesks are height-adjustable desks that go from sitting to standing height in seconds so you can choose. Our EIGER desks are standing desks so you can either choose to move them, dis-assemble them (it takes seconds) or do what we do and use a high rest stool to perch on.
Q: Do they come flat packed?
A: Yes. You will receive two boxes. One containing the leg system which will require assembly and one with the desk-top.
Q: Are they easy to assemble?
A: Yes. Dependent on which model you choose it should take from between 30 minutes to 90 minutes maximum. It does help to have a spare pair of hands around though!
Q: Why are the desktops not pre-drilled?
A: Because the leg mechanisms are multi-adjustable for width to suit the floor space you have available, it is not practical to pre-drill them for every potential setting.
Q: How easy is it to fit the desktop to the frame?
A: Place the underside on top of the assembled frame. Using either a tape measure or ruler (roughly) position the top so that each side is equidistant on the frame. Using the screws supplied pierce the underside and secure the top to the frame…you may want to use a bradall wood tool (or something similar) but this is not necessary.
Q: Do I need any tools?
A: All tools are supplied to assemble the frame. You will need a Phillips screwdriver for the desktop screws and potentially something like a bradall to mark the entry points.
Q: What is the guarantee?
A: Two years from date of purchase.
Q: Is the Big Jack model easy to manually wind up and down?
A: Yes. You just pull out the extractable handle and turn it...sitting to standing height takes seconds.
Q: What is the right way to use a standing desk?
A: Three things...
- The height of the desk should be set with your arms at "ski pole" right angles.
- Your monitor screen should be set at eye level.
- You should pull your core on to make your spine position itself correctly (tip...to put your core on imagine you're trying to squeeze in to your tightest pair of jeans!)
Q: Can you recommend any accessories to compliment a standing desk?
- A good multi-adjustable monitor stand. Check out our Colebrook Bosson Saunders accessories.
- If your using a lap-top, consider a lap-top raiser. Again check our accessories.
- If you're worried about your feet, either wear your trainers or consider an anti-fatigue mat. But you will start to use the muscles in your feet and in a few months you'll be able to stand all day.
Q: How long is delivery?
A: We quote 7-10 working days for mainland UK.