Education & Classroom Standing Desks For Schools
The World's 1st Education Retrofit Classroom Standing Desk.
Today's children are referred to as "Generation Inactive". They are the 1st generation who are expected to live shorter lives than their parents and the reason is inactivity. As far as we're concerned, that's not acceptable.
Statistics show that today's kids are inactive in classrooms for 4.5 hours and then spend up to another 5.5 hours inactive in front of some form of device.
So if "sitting is the new smoking" then getting children to stand more in learning time has both significant short and long term health benefits. It also improves focus and behaviour which impacts academic results.
- Studies show that introducing low-level activity (standing) into classroom environments has a positive pupil impact on classroom engagement, cognitive performance, academic performance and activity levels.
- Texas A & M University studies showed standing desks in school classroom environments improve…pupil task engagement by 12%, neurocognitive function by 7% and calorific burn by 15-25%.
- Studies show that in seated classroom environments pupils lose attention in less than 20 minutes. (Leeds Beckett University)
- Research shows that today’s children are inactive for 10 hours a day or around 70% of their waking day. 4.5 hours of that is spent in the classroom. (Loughborough University)
- Nearly a third of UK children aged 2 to 15 are overweight or obese. (Yorkshire Sport Foundation)
- Traditional education environments create harmful sitting patterns at a very early age and are taken into adult life. Inactivity is recognised as one of the world’s most serious health problems. Both the World Health Organisation and Public Health England agree this urgently needs solutions.
Take a look at the EIGER Student by clicking on this link now - Click Here