Benefits & How To Use
Here at I Want A Standing Desk we don’t want to scare you over the facts about sitting too much. We just want to give you the facts that allow you to make an informed decision.
Here’s some facts for you to consider…
- When sitting your metabolic rate crashes to an absolute minimum. You only burn 1 calorie a minute…that’s less than chewing a piece of gum!
- As soon as you sit…electrical activity in your legs shut off and enzymes (Lipoprotein Lipase) that help break down fat drop 90%...not the best thing if you’re trying to lose weight and keep fit.
- Sitting 6+ hours a day makes you up to 40% likelier to die within 15 years than someone who sits less than 3. Even if you exercise.
- People with sitting jobs have twice the rate of cardiovascular disease as those with standing jobs…it increases blood pressure and decreases the diameter of arteries.
- Regular exercise regimes do not negate the effects of a sedentary lifestyle…going to the gym 2 or 3 times a week isn’t enough.
- Using a standing desk just 3 hours a day, 5 days a week over a year will burn around 30,000 extra calories…in activity levels that’s the same as running 10 marathons!
- Being sedentary slows down the circulatory system, blood, oxygen and vital nutrients…if your vital organs (including your brain) aren’t getting their full supply of these how can we feel and operate at our best? We can't and don't.
- 30 million working days (yes that did say million!) were lost in 2013 as a result of musculoskeletal disorders in the UK alone. Prolonged sitting puts high pressure on the spinal discs and lack of nutrient flow within the spinal column…the results are painful and debilitating.
- One in five UK workers now retire with Type 2 Diabetes - inactivity is the UK's No.1 health problem.
This is just a taster of proven information that’s available. Do your own research. Learn how harmful sitting too much is for you.
Learn how a standing desk can really help you to a fitter and healthier life.
Don't waste another day. Get Healthy. Get Standing.